If you have your dough and sauce you’re ready to go! If not, you can use these dough and sauce recipes.
- Pizza dough
- Pizza (red) sauce
- 1 Onion – sliced
- Low moisture shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown Sugar (Optional)
Method – Onion
- Chop your onion in half, and then slice the two halves.
- Set your heat to medium-high and pour a little olive oil into your pan.
- Once your pan is hot toss your onion slices in and let them cook for a few minutes.
- Add about a spoon full of brown sugar. This will speed up the caramelization and also add a bit of rich sweetness to your onions.
- Turn your heat down to a low or medium-low.
- Allow onions to cook to desired crispiness. I like mine to cook down very thin while being dark in color.
Method – Pizza
- Spoon your sauce from the center of your dough to the edges.
- Add a few carmelized onions.
- Add your shredded cheese.
- Continue adding onion to your heart’s desire.
- With this recipe, I also sometimes brush the crust with olive oil and sprinkle red pepper on the crust. That way my pizza is savory, sweet and a little spicy.
- Preheat your oven and pizza stone to 500°
- Bake at 500° for 10-15 minutes