How to freeze your pizzas:
This post will go over how to make pizzas at home to freeze for later. I find that this is a much better alternative to breaking down and ordering a pizza.
Your homemade pizzas will taste better, be better for you, and they will also be faster than ordering in!
Freezing Pizza – 101
I use a pizza peel and pre-heat my pizza stone for 20-30 minutes before I start prepping my pizzas.
Method – Prep
- Place your formed crust into the oven at 500° for 3 minutes. (set a timer, it will help immensely. 3 minutes goes by fast!)
- Remove your crust after the 3-minute timer goes off. (I place mine on my stove to cool which acts as a rack so that the bottom does not get soggy)
- After a few minutes, move your crust to your work surface. If you want to be more efficient, place your crust directly on a layer of saran wrap
- Spoon the sauce in the middle of your dough and spread it to the edges. Typically, the edges have more dough so you want to aim to have more sauce over those areas than the middle.
- Add the rest of your desired toppings.
Method – Freezing
- Place your finished pizza on a sheet of saran wrap. Using a large roll definitely helps, especially if you are working solo.
- Wrap your pizza once and gently press down to release any air inside of your wrap.
- Continue to wrap your pizza until it is sealed tight (without squishing the pizza) with as little air as possible inside.
- Create a flat surface in your freezer and place your pizza inside. 🙂
Method – Baking Your Frozen Pizza
- Pre-heat your oven and pizza pan or stone to 500°.
- Unwrap your pizza and place it on your pre-heated stone or pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes depending on your crust thickness and desired crispiness.
- Enjoy your homemade frozen pizza 🙂