When you Knead a Pizza.
Prep Time: 15-20 mins Rise Time: 1-2 hours
1 recipe makes 2 pizzas.
- 1 Cup Water
- 2 Cups Bread Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Sugar (heaping)
- 1 tbs. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 tsp. Salt
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast, sugar, and 1/2 cup of warm water.
- Stir gently until yeast has dissolved.
- Set aside until frothy. (about 10 minutes).
Method – Mixing
- In a separate bowl, mix together (with your hands) the flour and salt.
- Create a small cave in the center of the mixed flour and salt.
- Pour in the olive oil, yeast mixture, and enough of the remaining water to create a fairly sticky dough.
- Dust your work surface with flour (clean your surface first, if you want to).
- Scrape the dough from the bowl onto your work surface.
Method – Kneading
- Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes or until it no longer sticks to your surface or hands.
- Knead the dough by stretching it out (the long way) and folding it over itself then repeat.
- Bang the dough down a couple of times to activate the gluten.
Method – Let Rise
- Once your dough is no longer sticky, you’ll want to get it into a bowl and cover it.
- Allow your dough to rise for 1-2 hours.
When you return your dough should be about double in size. Now you’re ready to form your crust!